Lighting Standards LED Light Manufacturers Export to Europe and the United States Market
Speaking of lighting standards, Chinese manufacturers said that Europe and the United States high-demand technical and safety standards are invisible technical barriers to trade. The industry believes that the domestic LED lighting industry to break these technical barriers to the overseas market, first of all, we need to understand the European and American lighting standards on LED lighting products safety, electromagnetic compatibility, performance, and other requirements.
Chapter 1: Major European and American Standards and Certification Marks
American National Standards Institute, a voluntary organization of companies, governments, and other members that seldom sets its own standards. ANSI standards are voluntary, but are cited by law and set by government agencies Is generally a mandatory standard.
Short for Underwriter Laboratory Inc. UL Safety Laboratory is the most authoritative in the United States and the largest private organization in the world engaged in safety testing and certification.
The Federal Communications Commission, an Independent Agency of the United States government, reports directly to Congress. The FCC coordinates domestic and international communications by controlling radio, television, telecommunications, satellites, and cables.
ETL is short for electrical testing laboratories, which was founded in 1896 by American Inventor Edison. ETL has a high reputation in the United States and worldwide. The “US” at the bottom right applies to the United States, the “C” at the bottom left applies to Canada, and the “US” and “C” apply to both countries.
A U.S. government led energy saving program for Consumer Electronics, was launched by the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 1992 The goal is to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from power plants.
International Electrotechnical Commission is the world’s first international electrotechnical standardization agency, responsible for electrical engineering and electronic engineering in the field of international standard work, nearly 100,000 experts from all over the world are involved in the formulation and revision of IEC standards.
(Europeannormselectric certification) is the common European symbol for specific products (such as lighting equipment, components, and office and data equipment) that meet European standards, and the ENEC symbol is the common European symbol for European Security Certification Since 2000, the “ENEC” logo, which was originally allowed only for European manufacturers, has been open to all manufacturers worldwide.
The abbreviation of the “National Standard” is composed of the code number of the National Standard, the serial number of the National Standard and the year number of the National Standard (using the last two digits of the Year of Publication) , and is compiled by the Department of Standardization Administration under the State Council The standards shall be approved and issued by the competent National Standardization Authority and shall be unified throughout the country.
China Compulsory Certification. On December 3,2001, China began to implement a compulsory product certification system. The original “CCIB” certification and “Great Wall CCEE” certification were unified as “China compulsory certification” , which is abbreviated as “CCC ” in English Referred to as “3C” certification, its product catalog contains 19 categories and 132 kinds of products. The products in the catalog must be certified by a certification body designated by the state. After obtaining the relevant certificates and applying certification marks, can Be ex-factory, import, sale and use in the place of business services.
Chapter 2: Lighting standards for export of LED lights to EU market
1. ENEC must be tested and certified by the certification bodies of ENEC member states. Ce is self-declarative certification and does not need to be tested and certified by a third party if the enterprise considers that its product has met the CE CERTIFICATION STANDARD You can paste your own mark;
2. ENEC certification, its manufacturer’s product management must comply with ISO9002, or it’s equivalent standards, Ce certification does not need ISO related standards;
3. ENEC certification, in accordance with the reconciliation inspection procedures, the initial and minimum annual production will be issued by the licensing agency inspection, CE certification products do not need the relevant certification agency inspection;
4. ENEC certification, the products need to be re-tested every other year, and re-test costs, CE certification products in the product has not changed, sustainable and effective;
5. ENEC adopts the “Standard European Committee for Standardization” Standard and CE adopts the “International Electrotechnical Commission” Standard, but the contents of the two standards are identical;
6. ENEC certification, if the power supply is purchased, the power supply must be approved by ENEC certification, and then the power supply as lamps with certification test, if the power supply is produced by the applicant himself, can not require ENEC certification, but need to do random testing with lamps, reference standards are EN61347-1(general and safety requirements for lamp controls) , EN61347-2-13(special requirements for AC or DC electronic device controls for LED modules) , CE certified power supply with CE certification, only test the power supply with the EMC test of lamps, no longer the power supply random safety test.
Chapter 3: Lighting standards for export of LED lights to North American market
The main certifications for export to the North American market include UL, ETL, FCC, and ENERGY STAR. LED road lighting products UL certification refers to UL8750 or UL60950, UL1598 two standards, does not test the EMC characteristics of lamps, ETL certification test reference It is exactly the same as the UL standard. FCC certification refers to FCCPart15B, ClassAdigitaldevice test limit standard, does not test the safety characteristics of lamps; ENERGY STAR is mainly for the photoelectric performance requirements of LED lamps for residential areas and commercial lighting, LED road lighting is not listed here; Introduce the more common UL and FCC certifications for introduction and analysis:
Mandatory certification of electronic products in the US laws and regulations always includes Title1 to Title50, of which Title47 is a telex video product, a total of Part0 to Part499 part, of which Part0 to Part199 is FCC. The FCC certification method is divided into Verification, declaration of conformity and Certification. When using Verification, there is no requirement for the test laboratory, and no test is required (as long as the product can meet the corresponding requirements). Technical requirements) and do not need to provide information to the FCC; when using Declaration of Conformity, the test laboratory needs to obtain NVLAP, A2LA qualification or FCC-certified laboratory, and requires a multilateral mutual recognition agreement, but does not need to provide information to the FCC; At the time, the test laboratory needs to be registered on the FCC website, officially recognized by the FCC, issued by the TCB agency designated by the FCC or FCC, and required to provide information to the FCC, and at the same time obtain an FCCID. Which certification method is adopted depends on the type of product. The FCC test standard for LED luminaire products is FCCPart15B, and the certification type is: Verification.
The FCC is a compulsory certification of the radio harassment (EMI) characteristic limits for telex products as prescribed by US federal law. The FCC certification test for LED luminaires is significantly different from the EMC certification test for CE CEs. The main performances are as follows:
1. FCC certification of LED lamps only tests EMI (radio disturbance), does not include EMS (radio anti-interference) test items; EMC test in CE requires both certification tests;
2. The FCC certification of LED lamps is divided into ClassA (LED lamps used in industrial and commercial environments) and ClassB (LED lamps used in residential environments). The test limits of the two types are completely different. The radios in CE certification There is only one harassment test limit standard, and the limit size is equivalent to Class B in the FCC;
3. The FCC certified conducted disturbance scanning test frequency of LED lamps starts from 0.15MHz to 30MHz, and the conducted disturbance scanning test frequency in CE certification starts from 9KHz to 30MH;
4, FCC certification of LED lamps Space radiation disturbance scanning test frequency from 30MHz to 1GHz end, the space radiation disturbance scanning test frequency in CE certification starts from 30KHz to 300MH end;
5, FCC certification requirements are more demanding, its EMI certification test limit standard usually requires more than 6dB margin, CE certification EMI test margin is 3dB or more (including the margin after reading point);
UL certification is a non-mandatory certification in the United States, mainly for the testing and certification of product safety performance, and its certification scope does not include the EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) characteristics of the product. The following is a brief introduction to LED road lighting products related to UL8750, UL1310 and UL60950. The UL8750 is suitable for the minimum safety requirements of LED lighting source components that will be installed in non-hazardous locations with a rated 600V branch or lower. It is also suitable for the minimum safety of LED light sources connected to isolated (no active connection) power sources such as batteries and fuel cells. Requirements; UL1310 is suitable for use with input voltages of 120 or 240Vac via software or directly plugged in a 15 or 20A AC branch circuit or potentially less than 150V grounded, using an insulated transformer and can be incorporated into a rectifier and other components to provide DC or AC energy. CLASS2 power supply equipment that is expected to be used to provide energy for low-voltage power operation; UL60950 is applicable to safety standards for information technology (IT) equipment, including mobile phones, computers and peripherals such as projectors, printers, etc. Includes a power supply that outputs a safety loop with an LPS (Limited Power Supply).
In the UL certification of LED lighting products, the driver certification test can be UL1310 or UL60950. The main differences between the two standards are as follows:
1. UL1310 is the safety standard for CLASSII (power supply with limited voltage and capacity). The UL1310 certified power supply is the CLASSII power supply. When the CLASSII power supply is used for cUL (Canada market) LED lighting certification, the relevant safety test can be exempted. UL60950 is a safety standard for information technology (IT) equipment, and its applicable certification scope is greater than UL1310. However, when using UL60950 certified power supply for cUL (Canadian Market Certification) LED lighting certification, the relevant safety test cannot be exempted. ;
2, UL1310 standard specifies the output voltage under any load conditions, the maximum output voltage of the power supply (including no load), the exposed contact voltage peak value is 42.4V, when the device does not contain the maximum output volt-amperes that can automatically be in the output circuit power-off device 100 volts; UL60950 defines the voltage between any two accessible circuit components under normal output voltage conditions, or the voltage between any accessible circuit component and the protective earth terminal of Class I equipment, not exceeding 42.4V AC peak, or 60V DC value;
3. UL1310 certification is only applicable to CLASSII power supply equipment in the grid with 120 or 240Vac rated voltage. UL60950 is applicable to information technology products with rated input voltage not exceeding 600Vac. For the driving power of LED lighting products with UL certification of 277V voltage system, only Refer to the UL60950 standard certification test.
6人评论了“Lighting standards: LED Light Manufacturers Export to Europe and the United States market”
Hey there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.
Thanks for your attention
WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait .. ?
Thanks for your attention
I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend fefcaebekece
Thanks for your positive feedback. May I know your blog list?