1. Privacy Matters
This policy covers any information collected through our online services, www.shinelongled.com (also referred to as “Our Website,” and others (referred to as our “Services”) that link to this policy document.
2. Updates to This Privacy Notice
3. Collection of Information
We may obtain information through several ways, including but not limited to:
3.1 Information You Give Us
This section refers to the information you give to us directly. For instance, when you share your information directly with us by:
- Filling out a form on our website.
- Requesting customer support.
- Participating in our surveys.
- Subscribing to our newsletter.
- Communicating with us through third-party platforms, e.g., social media, or any other mode of contacting us.
The types of personal data we obtain via this method may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, business information, content, addresses, etc. (for more on this, check below under – Personal Information We Collect).
3.2 We Automatically Collect Information through Your Interactions with Us (Our Website)
In some cases, we may automatically collect information through your interaction with our Services and Website, including:
- Device Information and Log Data: When you use Our Website, we record technical information (log data) on how you access and use those Services. For instance, data about the network and device you use, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile network, operating system version, hardware model, browser type, and unique device identifiers. We also collect information on how you interact with our Services, such as pages viewed, links clicked, access times, etc.
- Cookies and related Technologies: To enhance and personalize your experience with us, we employ web beacons and cookies that collect information about you. A cookie is a small data file that we store on your hard drive or device memory. We do this to help us understand how you use our Services and Website, improve them and your experience, count visits, and determine which areas of our Services are most popular. Web beacons (also known as “lear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) are electronic images that we may use throughout our Services and emails to help us understand usage, deliver cookies, and count visits.
- Embedded Content from Third-Parties: We also work with third parties who provide analytics or content (e.g., images and videos). These third parties may use device identifiers, web beacons, cookies, and other tracking technologies on your devices. As such, they may collect information on how you use our Services and other applications and websites like pages viewed, links clicked, your IP address, etc. (for more, see “Embedded Content” below). ShineLong and others may use this information to analyze data, personalize content according to your interests, determine content popularity, and better understand your online activity. Because ShineLong does not control third-party privacy practices, please review these third parties and their privacy policies to understand their practices.
- Derived Information: We may draw inferences or derive information about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may use your IP address to infer or approximate your location.
4. Personal Information We Collect
Below you will find a summary of the types of personal information we are likely to collect through our Services and Website without limitation. As such, we may collect your:
- Contact informationsuch as your email address, name, business information, fax and telephone numbers, postal/billing address, etc.
- Inferencesabout you derived from the information we collect.
- Location data(derived from your IP address) such as your country and zip code.
- Log datasuch as your IP address, browser type and settings, operating system version, and unique device identifiers.
- We obtain activity historythrough cookies, web beacons, and related tracking technologies such as your reading history and usage patterns on our website.
- Data from third parties(e.g., social media) such as avatar images, usernames, posts and responses, and other personal information you choose to share.
- Any other bits of informationyou share with us directly through our Services like filling out a form on our website or signing up for our newsletter.
5. Aged Under 13?
ShineLong does not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
If you are under the age of 13, you should refrain from using our website or using our services. We advise you to wait until you are old enough to use our Services.
Alternatively, you can ask your parent or guardian to get in touch with us.
If we, at any time, realize that we have collected information from a child under 13 years of age, we will immediately purge off all the data from our records/servers/systems.
6. Why Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We collect and process your data to ensure we provide you with personalized, professional, and consistent services throughout our platforms.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing you with timely and adequate communication;
- Processing transactions and relaying any related information such as receipts, confirmations, and customer surveys;
- Perform business analytics such as monitoring trends, customer segmentation, market research, and the usage of our services;
- Communicate and administer to you our new products, services, content, promotions or events, and other news/information that may interest you through various channels such as our weekly newsletter;
- Respond to your questions or comments and provide customer support;
- Improve our products and services by debugging, identifying, and repairing errors;
- Detect, investigate, and deter security incidents and other deceptive, fraudulent, and malicious activities;
- Comply with our financial, legal, contractual, and policy obligations;
- Verify and protect your identity against malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity and transactions;
- Evaluate, operate, and improve our products and services through developing new products, communication channels, customer relations, billing, accounting, and auditing techniques;
- Conduct sales and marketing activities such as generating and pursuing leads, conducting market research, and analyzing the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- Send you technical and administrative messages, support notices, and security alerts; and
- Carry out the purpose defined to you at the time of data collection.
All the information collected is processed and used within the law’s confines to ensure that your data isn’t misused and prevent the infringement of your privacy and rights.
Below, you will see some of the legal bases on which we process and use your personal information. However, if you notice that your personal information isn’t being handled under the bases below, please feel free to contact us, and we’ll be happy to offer you detailed and relevant information.
The legal grounds on which we process your personal data – as described above – are:
- Your consent to processing and use the information (such as opting to receive communication from us like signing up for our newsletter). You should note that you can withdraw such consent – where applicable – at any time.
- We process it due to the existence of a contractual agreement (such as completing an order, shipment, or process payments requested by you).
- For legitimate reasons that do not – in any way – violate your privacy, rights, or applicable law (such as conducting data and market analytics, any communication with you, improving, providing, and maintaining our products and services, etc.).
- To comply with legal obligations (like investigations, maintaining and recording your consents, and those that have opted out of such communications).
7. How, When, and Why We Share Personal Information
ShineLong is committed to securing your personal information. We will not sell, share, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone, or entity except in exceptional circumstances as detailed here or at the time of collection.
- We may need to share personal data with service providers such as vendors and consultants who need access to the personal data to assist us with service delivery. Such assistance can range from web hosting and other infrastructure, analytics, security and fraud prevention, storage, payment processing, marketing, customer service, to communication.
- We may disclose personal information when we believe or establish that your actions are inconsistent or in violation of our policies or user agreements or in cases where we conclude that you have violated the law through our website or services. We may also disclose personal data when necessary to prevent physical harm, damage to property, the violation of ShineLong’s legal rights, and that of its users or the general public.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that it is required by, or following, legal requirements or process, and lawful requests by law enforcement to meet public or national security requirements. In the event that we choose to disclose your personal information to aid in any legal processes, we may notify you so you can challenge it (e.g., by pursuing court intervention) unless we believe doing so may cause illegal conduct, endanger others, or we are prohibited by law. But, we will object to any legal requests about our user’s data if we believe such requests are improper.
- Personal data might be shared among ShineLong LED Ltd, our existing and future affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and other companies and entities under common ownership and control.
- We may share personal data during or in connection with negotiations concerning the acquisition of portions or all of our business by other entities, any merger, financing, or sale of company assets.
- We may need to share personal data with professional advisors such as lawyers and business strategists where necessary to protect or otherwise obtain guidance on how to manage and grow our business interests.
- We share personal information at your direction or with your consent.
- We also share de-identified or aggregated information (such as the number of visitors to our website, orders placed, sales made, etc.) that cannot be reasonably used to identify you.
7.1 Embedded Content
As stated above (under “Collection of Information” – section 3), ShineLong may not host some of the content presented on our Services or Website (Also known as “third-party embeds”). As you know, interacting with these embeds is as if you are visiting that party’s site directly, and with this, they can gather information about you.
For instance, when you load a ShineLong webpage containing an embedded YouTube video and watch it, YouTube will receive data about you and your activities, such as how much of the video you watched, your IP address, operating system version, etc.
8. Data Security and Retention
At ShineLong, we take all the necessary steps to keep your personal and confidential data safe and secure, including, but not limited to:
- Employing the highest security standards towards securing your data.
- Restricting access to your personal information to a need-to-know basis.
With regards to data retention, we take all the necessary steps to ensure that we store and process your data for the minimum amount of time in connection with:
- The fulfillment of the purposes described in this privacy notice;
- Any additional purposes communicated to you before or during the collection of the data or at the start of its processing;
- As required by applicable law or to meet and comply with our regulatory or legal obligations; and
- Any limitation period (if any).
To keep it simple:
Once your personal information is no longer needed, we will purge it from our records safely and securely.
9. Your Choices
We offer certain choices to give you greater control over the information we collect about you. As such, to opt-out of any communication you receive from us, ask us to update your preferences, or get more information on how we use your data, please, feel free to contact us as specified in the Contact Us section of this policy notice down below.
What’s more, to the extent provided by law, you have the right to:
- Access certain personal information we may have about you.
- Request that we erase, amend, update or correct your data.
- Restrict your data from being processed. As such, you can contact and ask us to stop using your data or unsubscribe from emails. If you decide to opt-out, you may still receive administrative emails from us, such as those regarding our current business relations, order information, security notices, and customer support.
- Have the data you provided to us be sent to or shared with another organization, where we keep this information to complete a contract with you or where feasible to do so.
- Restrict automated decision-making.
- To opt-out.
We will not discriminate against anyone who chooses to exercise their right regarding their personal information. However, we may need to verify your identity before giving you access to any data. We do this to protect the privacy and security of our users.
You may also choose to exercise control over how third-party advertising networks use your information to deliver interest-based advertising. To learn how you can opt-out of these services, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, and TrustArc.
As you are already aware, we employ cookies and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, to provide you with better and enhanced experiences.
However, these technologies are entirely optional, and you can easily erase or reject them. All you have to do is adjust your browser setting to fit your personal preference.
But, please note:
Rejecting or removing cookies might affect the functionality and availability of our online services.
10. Contact Us
You can also mail us at [email protected] or visit our offices at No.49 Baolong 2nd Rd, Nanyue, Longgang Dist, Shenzhen 518116, China.