What are LED Tubes? The Complete Guide to LED Tubes
LED tubes are a type of lighting technology that uses light emitting diodes (LEDs) to provide a bright, energy efficient light source. LEDs are semiconductors which convert electricity into light. LED tubes are a great alternative to traditional fluorescent lighting, as they use less electricity, last much longer, and produce a brighter light. LED tubes are ideal for use in a variety of different settings, including offices, warehouses, industrial settings, and more. LED tubes come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be used to replace existing fluorescent tubes or provide new lighting solutions.
Types of LED Tube Lights
1. Direct-Wire LED Tube Lights: These are the most common type of LED tube lights and are designed to replace fluorescent tubes. They are wired directly into the electrical circuit, making them easy to install.
2. Plug-and-Play LED Tube Lights: These are also commonly used to replace fluorescent tubes. They have a plug-in base that allows them to be plugged into standard electrical outlets.
3. Integrated LED Tube Lights: This type of LED tube lights are integrated into fixtures, making them easy to install and maintain.
4. RGB LED Tube Lights: These LED tube lights can produce a wide range of colors and can be used for decorative or accent lighting.
5. High Output LED Tube Lights: These LED tube lights can provide higher levels of light output than other types of LED tube lights. They are usually used in commercial and industrial applications.
Benefits of LED Tube Lights
1. Energy efficient: LED tube lights are much more energy efficient than traditional fluorescent tube lights, offering up to 60% energy savings.
2. Long lasting: LED tube lights have a much longer lifespan than traditional fluorescent tube lights, lasting up to 50,000 hours compared to 10,000 hours.
3. Cost effective: LED tube lights are much more cost effective in the long run due to their low energy consumption and long lifespan.
4. Eco-friendly: LED tube lights are more eco-friendly because they contain no mercury or other hazardous materials.
5. Versatile: LED tube lights can be used in a variety of applications, from indoor lighting to outdoor lighting.
6. Low maintenance: LED tube lights require very little maintenance, as they do not need frequent bulb replacement like traditional fluorescent tube lights.
7. Instant on/off: LED tube lights turn on and off instantly, making them the ideal choice for areas where frequent switching is necessary.
Features of ShineLong’s LED Tube Lights
1. Efficient Illumination: ShineLong LED tube lights are highly efficient, providing bright illumination without wasting energy or emitting heat like conventional tube lights.
2. Long Lifespan: LED tube lights have an extremely long lifespan, up to 75,000 hours which is much longer than traditional tube lights.
3. Durability: LED tube lights are made from high-quality materials, making them durable and resistant to external shocks and weather conditions.
4. Low Maintenance: LED tube lights require very little maintenance, making them easy to install and operate over the years.
5. Low Voltage: LED tube lights require very little energy to operate, making them energy-efficient and cost-effective.
6. Eco-friendly: LED tube lights do not contain any harmful gases or chemicals, making them safe and eco-friendly.
How to Install LED Tube Lights
1. Turn off the power to the light fixture.
2. Remove the existing fluorescent tube light from the fixture.
3. Disconnect the wiring from the existing ballast.
4. Install the LED tube light into the fixture.
5. Connect the wiring from the LED tube light to the wiring from the fixture.
6. Turn on the power to the light fixture.
7. Test the LED tube light to make sure it is working properly.
Common Mistakes During LED Lights Installation
1. Not using the correct type of dimmer. LED lights require specific types of dimmers that are designed for LED lights. Make sure to select one that is compatible with your LED lights.
2. Not using the correct wattage of the bulb. If you are using an LED bulb, make sure to check the wattage. Using the wrong wattage will result in the bulb not working properly.
3. Not accounting for the amount of heat generated by the bulbs. LED lights generate a lot of heat, so be sure to account for that when installing.
4. Not grounding the electrical wiring. This is a very important safety step. Always make sure to ground the electrical wiring when installing LED lights.
5. Not using the right type of transformer. Different types of LED lights require different types of transformers. Be sure to select the right one.
6. Not using the right type of wire. LED lights require specific types of wire. Be sure to select the right one.
7. Not following the manufacturer’s instructions. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when installing LED lights.
Types of ShineLong’s LED Tube Lights
ShineLong’s Expert T8 LED Tube Light is a high quality, energy-efficient lighting solution for any commercial or residential application. This product is designed to replace traditional T8 fluorescent tubes, providing a more efficient and longer lasting lighting solution. The Expert T8 LED Tube Light is made with high quality materials and components, ensuring a long lifespan and reliable performance. This product is backed by a 5-year warranty for peace of mind. It is easy to install and requires no additional wiring or special tools. The Expert T8 LED Tube Light is available in several wattages, color temperatures, and lengths to meet your specific needs.
ShineLong’s Expert T6 LED Tubes are a great choice for any commercial or residential lighting application. These tubes are designed to replace traditional T8 fluorescent tubes, providing a more efficient and longer lasting lighting solution. The Expert T6 LED Tubes are made with high quality materials and components, ensuring a long lifespan and reliable performance. This product is backed by a 5-year warranty for peace of mind. It is easy to install and requires no additional wiring or special tools. The Expert T6 LED Tubes are available in several wattages, color temperatures, and lengths to meet your specific needs.
ShineLong’s T5 Tube LED Light is a great choice for replacing conventional fluorescent lighting in commercial and residential areas. This LED light offers high-efficiency and energy savings of up to 90%. It features an easy installation process, with no additional wiring or fixtures needed. The light is flicker free, and features a wide range of color temperatures and dimming capabilities. Additionally, the light has a long lifetime of up to 50,000 hours, and a low heat emission rate. ShineLong’s T5 Tube LED Light is an excellent choice for providing quality and energy efficient lighting for any space.
T5 Batten Light is a high-efficiency LED linear light that is designed to last for a long time. It is an energy-efficient lighting solution for commercial and industrial applications. The light is designed with a slim and elegant profile that ensures it does not take up too much space and blends in with the surrounding environment. It is available in various sizes and wattages, and can be customized to meet specific requirements. The light is designed with a durable housing that is resistant to dust and moisture, and can withstand high temperatures. It also features a high lumen output and a wide range of color temperatures, allowing it to be used in a variety of applications.
LED Tube Lights – FAQs
Can I replace a T12 fluorescent light tube with an LED tube?
Yes, you can replace a T12 fluorescent light tube with an LED tube. Before doing so, however, you should make sure that the LED tube is compatible with the existing ballast, or you may need to replace the ballast as well.
What is the difference between Type A and Type B LED tube lights?
Type A LED tube lights are typically single-ended and use a non-shunted socket, meaning that each end of the tube has a separate connection. Type B LED tube lights are typically double-ended and use a shunted socket, meaning that the two ends of the tube are connected together. Type A LED tube lights can be more energy efficient than Type B LED tube lights, but they require a compatible ballast in order to function properly.
Is LED Tubelight better than LED bulb?
Yes, LED tubelights are typically more energy efficient and have a longer lifespan than LED bulbs. Additionally, LED tubelights have a wider beam angle and are better suited for larger spaces than LED bulbs.
Is LED tube light good for eyes?
LED tube lights can be good for eyes when used correctly. LED lights are usually very bright and can cause glare, so it is important to adjust the intensity and brightness of the light to a comfortable level to avoid eye strain. Additionally, LED tube lights typically do not flicker, which can also help reduce eye strain.
Can I directly replace fluorescent tubes with LED?
Yes, you can directly replace fluorescent tubes with LED tubes as they are compatible with existing fixtures and can be wired in the same way.
How do you bypass a ballast to install LED tubes?
LED tubes typically do not require bypassing a ballast. Instead, you will need to remove the ballast from the fixture and rewire it for direct line voltage. If you are not comfortable doing this, you should consult a qualified electrician.
Can you direct wire all LED tubes?
Yes, you can direct wire all LED tubes. However, you should always consult with a qualified electrician to ensure that the wiring is done properly and safely.