Best LED High Bay Light 2023 - Top 5 Factors to Consider When Buying High Bay Lights
What are High Bay Lights?
High bay lights are powerful lighting fixtures used to illuminate large vertical spaces such as warehouses, factories, and gymnasiums. These lights are hung at high heights, typically between 15 and 50 feet, to provide an even distribution of light throughout the space. High bay lights are usually either fluorescent or LED and come in a variety of wattages, colors, and styles to fit any application.
Types of High Bay Lights
1. LED High Bay Lights: LED high bay lights provide a more efficient and cost-effective lighting solution than traditional lighting options. They are available in a wide range of wattages, color temperatures, and beam angles. They are also designed to be durable and have a long lifespan, making them a great option for industrial and commercial applications.
2. Fluorescent High Bay Lights: Fluorescent high bay lights are a great choice for use in large warehouses and commercial spaces, as they are highly energy efficient and provide excellent light coverage. They are available in a variety of wattages and color temperatures, making them a great choice for any type of space.
3. HID (High Intensity Discharge) High Bay Lights: HID high bay lights are a great choice for industrial and commercial applications, as they provide intense, high-quality light and have a long lifespan. They are available in a variety of wattages, color temperatures, and beam angles, making them the perfect solution for any lighting needs.
Types of LED High Bay Lights
1. Standard High Bay Lights: These are the most common type of LED high bay lighting and are ideal for general lighting in large indoor spaces. They are available in a variety of wattages, color temperatures, and beam angles.
2. Linear High Bay Lights: These offer a more uniform lighting distribution than standard high bay lights and are great for long, narrow spaces such as warehouses and gymnasiums.
3. U-Bend High Bay Lights: These lights feature a U-shaped design which allows for better light distribution and are ideal for large open spaces.
4. High Bay Retrofit Lamps: These are LED lamps that can be used to replace existing high bay lighting fixtures. They are an energy-efficient and cost-saving alternative.
Applications of High Bay Lights
High bay lights are used in a variety of settings, including commercial warehouses, manufacturing plants, gymnasiums, and other large indoor spaces that require powerful lighting. These lights are ideal for illuminating large, open spaces because they can be mounted high up on the ceiling and provide a wide range of illumination. High bay lights also consume less energy than other lighting options, making them an efficient and cost-effective choice.
Advantages of LED High Bay Lights
1. Energy Efficiency – LED high bay lights are extremely energy efficient, typically consuming up to 80% less energy than traditional lighting systems. This means that you can save a lot of money on your energy bills.
2. Durability – LED high bay lights are much more durable than traditional lighting systems and can last up to 50,000 hours or more. This means that you won’t have to replace them as often, saving you time and money.
3. Low Maintenance – LED high bay lights require very little maintenance. This means that you won’t need to spend as much time or money on replacing or repairing them.
4. Environmentally Friendly – LED high bay lights are much more eco-friendly than traditional lighting systems, as they do not contain any harmful chemicals or hazardous materials. This means that you can help reduce your environmental impact.
5. Improved Safety – LED high bay lights produce less heat than traditional lighting systems, which can help to reduce the risk of fire hazards. Additionally, they are much brighter than traditional lighting systems, making it easier to see in low light conditions.
Features of ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights
ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights offer several features including:
1. Long Lifespan: ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights are built to last and provide up to 50,000 hours of light, making them an economical and reliable option.
2. Adjustable Mounting: ShineLong’s LED High Bay Lights offer adjustable mounting, allowing for a wide range of installations and applications.
3. Dimmable: ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights are dimmable, allowing you to adjust the level of illumination to fit your needs.
4. Energy Efficient: ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights are designed to be energy efficient and can save you money on energy costs.
5. Durable Construction: ShineLong’s LED high bay Lights are designed to be durable and can withstand harsh environments.
How LED Highbay Lights Works?
LED Highbay lights are designed to be used in large indoor spaces such as warehouses, factories and large retail stores. They are typically used to illuminate large areas and are most effective when used in an open, unobstructed space. ‘
LED Highbay lights work by using a combination of optics and electronics. The optics are designed to concentrate the light and the electronics are used to control the intensity and direction of the light. The light is then directed to the desired area by using reflectors and diffusers. This results in a high level of illumination and uniform lighting throughout the space.
LED Highbay lights are typically more efficient than traditional lighting sources and can last up to 50,000 hours. This makes them a cost-effective solution for large indoor spaces.
How to Install LED Floodlights?
1. Turn off power to the area where the floodlights will be installed.
2. Make sure the power is off by testing the circuit with an electrical tester.
3. Unpack and check the LED floodlights for any damage.
4. Determine where the floodlights will be installed.
5. Mark the mounting holes on the wall or ceiling using a pencil.
6. Drill holes for the mounting screws.
7. Insert the screws and tighten them.
8. Connect the wiring for the floodlights to the power source.
9. Secure the wiring with electrical tape.
10. Mount the LED floodlights to the wall or ceiling.
11. Secure the floodlights with the screws.
12. Turn on the power and test the floodlights.
Top 5 Factors to Consider When Buying High Bay Lights
1. Lumens: The amount of light output is measured in lumens and should be one of the major factors when selecting a LED high bay light. The more lumens a light has, the more light it produces. The higher the lumen count, the brighter the light is.
2. Color Temperature: Color temperature is measured on a Kelvin scale. The higher the Kelvin number, the cooler the light appears. For warehouses and other industrial spaces, a cooler light is usually preferred as it provides better visibility.
3. Efficiency: LED high bay lights are more efficient than traditional lighting systems, producing more lumens per watt. The most efficient LED high bay lights have an efficacy of up to 150 lumens per watt.
4. CRI: The Color Rendering Index (CRI) measures how accurately colors are reproduced under the light. A higher CRI means more accurate colors. This is important when lighting an area where colors need to be accurately reproduced.
5. Beam Angle: The beam angle of a light determines the spread of the light. A wider angle means a larger area is illuminated, while a narrower angle means the light is focused in one direction.
High bay lights – FAQs
What is the difference between high bay and low bay LED lights?
High bay LED lights are typically used in commercial, industrial, and warehouse spaces where ceilings are more than 20 feet high. These lights are designed to provide illumination over a large area with a wide beam angle. Low bay LED lights are typically used in more enclosed spaces with lower ceilings, such as retail stores, offices, and residential spaces. These lights are designed to provide more direct and focused illumination over a smaller area.
What are LED high bay lights used for?
LED high bay lights are typically used in industrial, warehouse, and commercial spaces where ceilings are more than 20 feet high. These lights are designed to provide high-quality illumination over large areas with a wide beam angle. High bay LED lights are ideal for areas such as warehouses, manufacturing plants, and gymnasiums where the ceilings are high and the lighting needs to cover a large area.
How many LED high bay lights do I need?
The number of LED high bay lights required for a space depends on the size of the area and the desired illumination level. Generally, a minimum of one fixture per 20-25 square feet is recommended. It is also important to consider the beam angle of the fixture when calculating the number of lights needed. For example, if a fixture has a wide beam angle of 120°, it will require fewer lights to cover a large area than one with a narrow beam angle of 60°.
How do you size high bay LED lights?
The size of high bay LED lights is typically determined by the size of the space that needs to be illuminated. Generally, a minimum of one fixture per 20-25 square feet is recommended. It is also important to consider the beam angle of the fixture when calculating the number of lights needed. For example, if a fixture has a wide beam angle of 120°, it will require fewer lights to cover a large area than one with a narrow beam angle of 60°. Additionally, it is important to consider the height of the ceiling when sizing LED high bay lights, as fixtures with a higher lumen output will be needed for higher ceilings.
How long do LED High Bay lights last?
LED high bay lights typically last between 50,000 and 100,000 hours, depending on the quality of the fixture. This is significantly longer than traditional halogen and fluorescent lighting, which typically last only 10,000-20,000 hours. This makes LED high bay lights a more cost-effective option over the long term, as they will require fewer replacements and less maintenance.
What are the pros and cons of LED headlights?
Pros: LED headlights are significantly more energy efficient than traditional halogen headlights, which makes them more cost-effective over the long term. They also last much longer than traditional halogen headlights, with some models lasting up to 50,000 hours. LED headlights also provide better visibility in low-light conditions, as they produce a brighter and more focused beam of light.
Cons: LED headlights can be more expensive than traditional halogen headlights, and may require specialty installation due to their size and shape. They also produce more glare than traditional halogen headlights, which can be distracting for other drivers.