LED Lights and Environment

Every person should feel part and parcel towards the conservation of our surroundings. The conservation can only be achieved if people perform their activities in ways that don’t cause harmful effects on the environment.  Various governments are concerned about the increasing levels of global warming which is as a result of activities that emits harmful gases, among other factors.  Therefore, it is vital to ask yourself whether you’ve played any role towards the environmental pollution so as to know the way forward.

LED Lights and Environment

The use of incandescent lamps has been associated with the emission of carbon, a type of gas which has a negative impact on the environment. The lights also consume a high amount of energy and have a short lifespan, requiring regular replacement. Therefore, these lamps lead to wastage of resources through massive production, transportation, and energy consumption. You should consider yourself as an agent of environmental pollution if you use any of these two lights.

Fortunately, you have a chance to rectify the mistake by adopting eco-friendly light sources, particularly light-emitting diode (LED) lamps. ShineLong Company manufactures LED lights that have a wide range of environmental benefits, including:

 

Energy Efficiency

The use of LED lights for public, domestic or commercial lighting results in more energy efficiency up to 80% as compared to fluorescents and the incandescents. LED lamps covert 95% of their energy intakes into the light, wasting just 5% in the form of heat. On the other hand, 95% of the energy consumed by fluorescents is changed to heat, and only 5% is converted into light. Therefore, less cooling costs are associated with the use of LEDs as compared to incandescent lighting. Besides, LEDs needs less power to produce the same quality of light as the one produced by fluorescent.

Reduced greenhouse gas emission

Since LED lights consume little energy, they reduce the demand from the power plants, thus decreasing the emission of greenhouse gases. LEDs are associated with the low emission of carbon dioxide. A single LED bulb can reduce the emission of the gases by approximately half a ton.

Toxic-free light

LED lamps do not have toxic elements such as mercury which can have adverse effects on marine life as well as the product’s consumers. In contrast, efflorescent strips have harmful chemicals, for instance, mercury. Such toxic elements pollute the environments when disposed of in landfills. Due to this negative impact, the disposal of fluorescents must involve a licensed waste carrier, leading to more waste of time and money. The use of LEDs will help avoid the hectic and costly disposal hassle in addition to protecting the environment from more harmful waste.

 

Fewer lamp replacements

LEDs are made of durable materials which can withstand harsh conditions such as water contact, dust, and shock. You can use a LED triproof for a long period before it becomes faulty; the triproof may last 30 times longer than incandescents. Therefore, by using LEDs, you will have contributed to huge savings regarding the resources used to manufacture, package, transport, distribute and stock lamps.

It is everybody’s responsibility to ensure that the environment doesn’t suffer further as a result of harmful human activities. The use of LED lights has a far-reaching positive impact towards the restoration of our beautiful surroundings.

We will answer your email shortly!

2018-04-02T06:58:38+00:00